We love these low FODMAP Salmon Burgers for many reasons: they are super quick to make, easy enough to whip up on a week night, and tasty enough for everyone to enjoy. Stack these salmon filets on a LowFOD™ Bun with some Dijon and veggies, and your tummy will thank you.
In this recipe: LowFOD™ Bun
- 1 COBS LowFOD™ Bun
- 4 oz salmon filet
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2-3 green leaf lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup spiral or grated carrots
- ¾ cup bean sprouts
- Salt & pepper
- Season salmon filet with salt and pepper.
- In a medium pan, add cooking oil and set to medium/high. In approx. 1 minute when the oil is hot, carefully place the salmon into the pan. Sear each side of the salmonfor 1 – 2 minutes.
- Cook until blots of white spots appear or the salmon is cooked to 145°F/62°C. Set aside and let cool for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Slice the LowFODTM Bun in half and toast if desired.
- Add ½ tbsp of Dijon Mustard to each side of the bun. Add green leaf lettuce, carrots, cooked salmon and bean sprouts to the bottom of the bun.
- Add top piece of bun. Serve immediately.