Take your grilled cheese up a notch by adding a delicious avocado mix! Served on our Higher Fibre Loaf, this sandwich is packed with nutrients while being super yummy and filling. It’s the perfect grilled cheese for anyone.
- 4 x COBS Bread Higher Fibre Loaf Slices
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 large Haas Avocado
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 4 tbsp Shredded Mozzarella
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to BROIL High.
- Wash avocado & dry well. Using a sharp knife cut around the long side of the avocado (cutting until you feel the pit). Separate avocado halves by twisting the halves to the opposite directions. Using the heel of the knife gently stab the pit and when knife heel is secure twist clockwise – this will remove the avocado pit.
- Using a spoon, take out the avocado flesh, careful not to scrape the avocado skin too much as this will impart some bitterness into the flesh. In a small mixing bowl, add your lemon juice, salt & pepper and lightly mash the avocado mixture.
- On a large non-stick frying pan add butter and turn on to med-high heat.
- When the pan is hot enough, add the 4 slices of Higher Fibre Loaf, topping 2 of the slices with the avocado & mozzarella evenly. Cook for 1½ minutes on this side.
- Transfer the two topped slices onto a parchment-lined baking trays and place in the oven to BROIL.
- Broil until the cheese begins to melt. Take out of the oven and complete each grilled cheese by topping them with the remaining, toasted bread slices.