- 1 COBS Bread French Baguette (thinly sliced)
- Fresh mozzarella (1 slice to cover each baguette slice)
- 1-2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
- Balsamic vinegar (for drizzling)
- Salt & pepper to taste Prosciutto (optional)
Slice COBS Baguette in 1/8 -inch-thick slices and place on a tray. Layer each slice with fresh mozzarella, sliced tomato and one fresh basil leaf. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar just before serving and add salt & pepper to taste. Serve with thinly sliced prosciutto on the side.
*Can also be served warm. Broil for 2-3 minutes until baguette is slightly browned and cheese is melted then drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar before serving.
We used our French Baguette for this recipe, but it would also work with our Sundried Tomato French Baguette!
Find your local bakery to pick up your French Baguettes!