Crab Dip with Sourdough Wedges
In this recipe: Sourdough Loaf
Watch Jake, our Head Baker, make the recipe here.
- 3 Slices of COBS Sourdough Loaf
- 100g Cooked Crab Meat
- 100g Baby Bay Shrimps
- 100ml Whipping Cream
- 1 1/4 cups Asiago Cheese, shredded
- 8oz Block of Cream Cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 Tbsp finely minced Green Onions
- 1/2 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 1 Wedge of Lemon
- In a sauce pan bring whipping cream to a simmer
- Add cream cheese cut into small cubes, finely minced green onions, ground black pepper to the simmering cream, stirring every 2 minutes until the cream cheese cubes are fully melted and incorporated.
- Add crab meat, bay shrimp and 1 cup of shredded Asiago cheese.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to Broil (High).
- On a baking pan, fill an oven safe bowl, cast iron or ceramic dish with the crab dip mix.
- Top crab dip with the remaining shredded Asiago cheese and finely minced green onions.
- Place the crab dip in a baking pan and place in the top rack of the oven. Bake until cheese is melted and starts to brown. Check on it every other minute so it doesn’t burn.
- While the crab dip is getting ready inside the oven, toast Sourdough Loaf slices (regularly sliced.)
- Cut the toasted Sourdough Loaf slices into triangles, creating toasted Sourdough Wedges.
- Carefully take the crab dip out of the oven. Place on a plate and add the toasted Sourdough Wedges. Add a slice of lemon & serve hot.