In this savoury french toast recipe: Sunflower Flax Sourdough
- 2 slices of COBS Bread Sunflower Flax Sourdough
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Grana Padano (or Parmesan Cheese)
- 1 1/2 tbsp chives (finely diced)
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Optional: 1/4 cup Marinara Sauce
- In a fying pan (big enough for 2 slices to cook in) on low-medium heat add 2 tbsp of butter.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg, milk, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp of Grana Padano (or parmesan cheese) and 1 tbsp of finely sliced fresh chives.
- Drench each sourdough slices in the French toast mixture (approx. 10 seconds each side).
- Once the butter starts to bubble, add the drenched slices of sourdough into the fying pan.
- Cook this side of the French toast for about 1 minute until you see the toast start to brown. Flip French toast slowly to avoid splashing the hot butter.
- Add the remaining Grana Padano and minched chives on top of each French toast, cook for another 1 minute until brown.
- Transfer the French toast to your plate and eat while still warm!
Note: if you are serving it with marinara for dipping, place your sauce in a microwave-proof dish and heat for 30 seconds after step 5.