From our classic loaves to our artisanal sourdoughs, our bread is baked fresh every day. Like our authentic sourdough process – no vinegars and no shortcuts. Every Sourdough Loaf takes 16-20 hours to make and the dough rests for a few hours at different stages. We don’t speed up the resting process with machines, like some others because this affects the flavour. The end result is bread full of flavour and made with love.
We want to ensure that our customers get the most out of the bread you love whether your using it for freshly made sandwiches, morning toast or crunchy croutons in your salads.
One of the most common questions we get asked in our bakeries is can you freeze our bread?
The answer is yes!
See our top 5 tips below on how to get the most out of your COBS Bread loaves.
- While you can freeze your bread on any day before it dries out, our advice is to freeze your bread on the day of purchase. This ensures that you get the most quality out of your bread and the freshness stays intact as long as possible.
- Remove as much air as you can from the bag before placing it in the freezer. No need to store in an extra container, keep the bread in the bread bag given from the bakery.
- Slicing your bread before you freeze it ensures that you will be able to remove as many slices as you need instead of thawing the entire loaf. No need to slice at home, our bakery offers pre-slicing in two sizes before you leave the bakery.
- No need to thaw your bread if you plan on eating it toasted. Simply add an extra dial or two to your regular toaster settings. If you plan on thawing your loaf before enjoying it, simply remove from the freezer the night before and leave at room temperature.
- We recommend consuming your frozen bread within 3 months for optimal freshness. However, bread will stay fresh for up to 6 months if stored correctly. We recommend adding an extra layer in the freezer such as aluminum foil or freezer wrap if you plan on keeping the loaf frozen longer than 3 months.
Fact: All of our bread is sold on the day it is was baked.
Another fresh fact: Our breads contain no added preservatives and our Healthy breads contain no added sugar or dairy! Talk about FRESH!