This recipe was inspired by our customer Steven Marcyniuk who submitted the tuna melt as his favourite sandwich to make with COBS Bread. We have used our Higher Fiber Loaf but Steven has used our Sourdough Loaf which is another great option!
- 2 Slices of Higher Fiber Bread
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Chives, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp Canned Tuna (drained), roughly half a can
- 2-4 slices Smoked Cheese
- Pinch of Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F
- In a small bowl mix tuna, mayonnaise, chives and ground pepper.
- Lightly toast the bread slices (so there is just a little bit of color)
- Top one of the toasted slice with 1-2 slices of cheese.
- Top with the tuna mix, spreading it out with a fork.
- Add the remaining cheese slices on top of the tuna mix.
- Place both the topped bread slice and sandwich top on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and gooey.
- Carefully take the tuna melt out of the oven and place the plain bread slice on top to complete the sandwich.
- On a cutting board, cut the tuna melt gently. Note: the tuna melt will be very hot.