Take your grilled cheese sandwiches up a level. This taco grilled cheese on our Sourdough Loaf is bursting with goodness. Once you take one bite of this sandwich it is sure to become a fave!
Order your Sourdough Loaf on Click & Collect to get startedOrder Now
- 8 slices COBS Bread Sourdough Loaf
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 400g Ground Beef (or other protein)
- 1 sachet Taco Seasoning
- 4 tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 200g Cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp Taco Sauce
Quick Guacamole Ingredients
- 1 Avocado
- ¼ Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Lemon or Lime Juice
- 3 stems Cilantro, finely minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Add your avocado, diced red onion, minced cilantro, and lemon or lime juice to a small bowl.
2. Using a fork, smash the avocado and stir all the ingredients until combined but still a bit chunky.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
1. Start by preparing your taco meat. Pre-heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Once the pan is hot, add the ground beef (or your chosen protein). Break up the mince with a wooden spoon, cooking it for 6-7 minutes or until no pink is showing.
3. Optional: drain excess water from your pan then return it to the heat.
4. Add the taco seasoning to the mince, and stir until the mince is coated. Approximately 1-2 minutes.
5. Set aside the taco meat, and prepare your sandwiches.
6. Pre-heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
7. Spread 1 tbsp of butter or margarine to 2 slices of Sourdough (repeat with all slices). Sandwich two buttered halves together, making 4 sandwiches.
8. Add 1 tbsp taco sauce to one slice of sourdough, followed by 50g grated cheese.
9. Then top this with ¼ of the taco meat (approx. 100g).
10. Add this half of the sandwich (buttered side down) onto the pre-heated frying pan. Top with the other slice (buttered side up). Cook for 3-5 minutes before flipping.
11. Once golden brown, flip and cook the other side for 3 minutes. Take off the heat and enjoy!