New Year’s Entertaining Guide
Ringing in the New Year with family and friends is one of the best feelings. As you look forward to the year ahead, we want to provide you with a guide on how to close out the year in the tastiest way. We’ve got you covered with the best crostini appetizers, table decorations and drinks and dessert pairings that will leave your guests impressed.
Best Crostini Appetizers
Appetizers are the first thing guests will eat and can set the night up for success. One of the easiest appetizers is a crostini: not only is it delightful, but they don’t need a lot of time and still look like they’re straight out of a magazine. Here are our top three crostini recipes to start the night off right:
- Brie, Pear & Rosemary Crostini: This unique take on crostini has the perfect balance of savoury and sweet. The rosemary adds flavour and is a great festive garnish on the crostini. This recipe would work great with our Cranberry & Sea Salt French Baguette.
- Radish Butter Crostini: This recipe features a perfectly seasoned, homemade radish butter that is then topped with chives. The colour from the chives and flecks of pink from the radish make for an eye-catching appetizer. If you want to add your own unique take, throw in different spices, or pair it with your favourite cured meat.
- Prosciutto, Ricotta & Figs Crostini: Your appetizer menu wouldn’t be complete without a prosciutto crostini on it. A perfect combination that is elevated with ricotta and fresh figs for a flavourful bite. The creamy ricotta and salty prosciutto is a seriously addictive combination.
Decorating Your Table
To head into the New Year as everyone’s favourite host, you’ll want to go all out and decorate your table! Here are 3 tips to make a fun table setting, ready for a dinner party with friends and family:
- Balloons – Balloons are a part of every New Year’s celebration and there are so many different themes you can go with. Try spelling out Happy New Year if you have a longer table or use colour specific balloons such as gold. Be sure to fill them with helium to ensure they stay high above the table.
- Confetti – Confetti instantly makes things look a little more magical and tied together, so sprinkle your table with some for an instant eye-catching pop. It is best to stay within the theme of your party, so if you have gold balloons, use gold confetti. Choosing a theme also makes it easy to choose decorations and wow your guests.
- Gold Utensils: Having gold utensils is a must! They make your plating pop and will catch everyone’s attention. If you combine the gold utensils with the confetti, and balloons, you will have a cohesive look to your party, and it is so easy to put together.
Best Cocktails to Ring in New Year’s
Ringing in the New Year often means having a drink when the clock hits midnight. What better way to entertain your guest with cocktails (and a treat to go with it). Here are 2 cocktails we’re loving along with the pastry that best complements the drink:
- Champagne Cocktail with a Lemon Blueberry Scone: Champagne and New Year’s go hand in hand. For this cocktail, all you need to do is top a sugar cube with Angostura bitters in any champagne. To make it look extra fancy, garnish it with a simple lemon twist. Pair this with a Lemon Blueberry Scone, it’s the perfect palate cleanser to pair with the bubbly champagne. The star on top of the tart is also very fitting for New Year’s Eve!
- Espresso Martini with a flakey Chocolate Croissant: If you’re partying late into the night then this combo of an Espresso Martini and a Chocolate Croissant is the perfect boost of energy you will need. Chocolate and coffee is a classic combination, so we couldn’t think of any treat better to enjoy with an espresso martini. This paring will also leave guests thinking the night is still young!
Enjoy the New Year’s celebrations and we hope you have an amazing time with friends and family however you choose to celebrate. If you need a French Baguette or pastry for the New Year’s festivities, save yourself time by pre-ordering via click and collect today. We thank you for all the support and wish everyone a Happy New Year!