- 1 COBS Bread Sourdough or Cranberry Sourdough Vienna
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup brandy
- 3 Tbsp butter at room temperature, plus extra for greasing dish
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup caster or berry sugar
- 300mL whipping cream
- 300mL milk
- ½ cup brown sugar for topping
- Whipped cream to serve fresh berries to serve
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Soak raisins in brandy and put aside for 15 minutes. Butter an oval baking dish. Slice a COBS Bread Sour Dough Vienna or Cranberry Sour Dough and cut each slice in half, on an angle. Spread bread with butter, arrange in the baking dish. Drain raisins, retaining the brandy. Scatter with raisins and set aside.
To make the custard, beat eggs and sugar together in an electric mixer (or with a hand-held beater) until sugar has almost dissolved and the mixture is pale and creamy. Beat in cream, milk and the brandy from the raisins. Pour over pudding and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake in oven for about 40 minutes, or until custard is set and top is lightly browned.
Remove from oven and serve with fresh berries and cream.