Simple, but delicious! For a nut-free alternative, swap in different spreads such as pumpkin seed butter.
- 1 slice Higher Fibre
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seed butter
- ½ banana, sliced
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- Optional: sprinkled with cacao nibs
Spread your pumpkin butter evenly across toast and top with banana and other toppings.
• Fibre helps keep your bowels regular. Some fibre can also help lower blood cholesterol levels and control blood sugar. Fibre can be found in whole grains, legumes, fruits, and vegetables. Aim to include 25 – 38 grams of fibre in your diet per day (most of us aren’t getting enough!). This breakfast recipe has 12 grams of fibre – almost half of your daily intake!
• Nut-free school? No problem! Pumpkin seed butter is a great alternative if your child loves peanut butter sandwiches. Because it is a seed, pumpkin seed butter is nut-free, and safe to bring to schools.
• Other breakfast ideas? Use this higher fibre loaf in your favourite French Toast recipe! Top the French Toast with fresh fruit, and try to use a lower-sugar syrup.