- 6 slices of COBS Bread Chia Whole Wheat Loaf
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) reduced fat milk
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup grated sweet potato
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs
- 1/4 cup reduced fat crumbled feta
- 3/4 cup grated reduced fat mozzarella cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for topping)
Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a round 27cm x 3cm baking dish by rubbing with 1 tsp canola oil and line with parchment paper.
Trim bread crusts and line the bottom of the baking dish and up the sides by cutting bread to fit baking dish, forming a crust.
Beat the eggs, milk & pepper together and mix in remaining ingredients. Pour into the baking dish, brush remaining canola oil on the bread above the egg mixture and sprinkle reserved cheese evenly around the dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the centre is set.
If the bread is browning too quickly, loosely cover with parchment paper. Serve with a large garden salad.
Chia Crust Frittata – Impress your guests at brunch with this easy Chia Crust Frittata recipe.