Ahhh the tuna sandwich – a simple delight that for many conjures up nostalgic feelings of childhood but works deliciously in the grown-up world too. The beauty of canned tuna is that it’s a convenient, pantry staple – a dependable and healthy option that takes little or no planning and always seems to deliver.
In this recipe, we give this classic lunch favourite a modern day shake up pairing it with crisp, thinly sliced red apple and sharp and crunchy celery and top it with our secret weapon, togarashi.
Togarashi is a toasty-sweet Japanese spice mix that your taste buds will thank you for. Made with seaweed, orange zest, ginger, sesame and chilli powder, used here as a finishing spice, takes this recipe to a whole new level of flavour.
Nestled between two slices of one of COBS Bread’s best secret weapons – our Higher Fibre Loaf, disguised as a regular white loaf but with four times the fibre – this sammie will get devoured by the entire family.
What are you waiting for? Pop on by to your local COBS Bread bakery and take your next tuna sandwich to the next level of deliciousness. And for more fresh and inspiring recipes visit our Meal Ideas today.
- 2 Tbsp diced celery
- 1 can (80g) tuna packed in water, drained
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 2 slices COBS Higher Fibre Loaf
- ¼ apple, cut into 6 thin slices
- 1 generous pinch togarashi (optional)
- In bowl, combine celery, tuna, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Arrange over one of the pieces of bread.
- Top with apple, togarashi (if using), and another slice of bread.