With hot dogs, more is MORE! That’s why we are so excited to bring you this recipe for a fully loaded, hawaiian-inspired hot hog. Indulge in the ultimate hot dog experience with fresh and tasty hot dog toppings. Elevate the classic hot dog with delicious harissa mayo, complemented by the sweetness of grilled pineapple. Then add a touch of fresh flavour with radishes and cilantro and a hint of spice with jalapenos. Then, sandwich this loaded hot dog between a Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Bun for an unforgettable summer feast.
Loaded Hawaiian Hot Dog FAQ
What to put on loaded hotdogs?
There’s no limitation when it comes to what to put on loaded hotdogs. From savoury to sauces, it’s up to you. Here are some popular additions:
- Cheese – from cheddar to swiss, experiment with your favourites
- Spices and herbs
- Sauces like mustard or chipotle.
What are strange condiments on hot dogs?
Unconventional condiments can lend a unique twist to hot dogs. Some unexpected choices include the creamy sweetness of peanut butter, the tangy and spicy kick of kimchi, the refreshing and slightly sweet taste of fruit salsa, the unlikely pairing of sauerkraut and jelly for a mix of tang and sweetness, and the zesty heat of wasabi mayo.
What to serve with hot dogs for a crowd?
When serving hot dogs for a crowd, offer classic sides like coleslaw and potato salad, chips and dips, grilled vegetables, a salad bar, nachos, fresh fruit, and desserts to cater to diverse preferences.
- 2 COBS Bread Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Buns
- 2 Hot Dogs (of your choice)
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Harrisa Paste or Adobo Paste
- 1 small can of Pineapple Rings, drained
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced or diced
- 2 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Cilantro, finely minced
- Turn on grill to high.
- While the grill is heating up, prepare the Harrisa Mayo by combining the mayonnaise & Harrisa paste in a small bowl.
- When the grill is hot and ready, place your hot dogs and pineapple rings on the grill.
- Cook the hot dogs one side for 10-13 minutes, rotating constantly. Take off heat.
- Grill the pineapple rings for about 1-2 minutes just enough to get the grill marks on them. Flip the pineapple rings and cook the other side for 1 minute, set aside. Take off the heat.
- Once the pineapple rings are cool enough to touch, transfer them to a cutting board and cut them to your preferred size.
- Toast the hot dog buns and build your hot dog with the harissa mayo, grilled pineapple, jalapeno, radishes & cilantro.