Garlicky Mushrooms and Hummus with Bread Soldiers
Warm and creamy with delicious depth of flavour, if you are in the mood for something comforting our Garlicky Mushrooms and Hummus with Bread Soldiers is a must-try tonight.
The simple combination of garlic and mushrooms is a classic for good reason. In this recipe, the pair are gently sautéed resulting in irresistible, unami-packed morsels. The mixture is then gently placed on a bed of protein-rich hummus – everyone’s favourite savoury chickpea spread – and finished with colourful lemon zest and a sprinkling of chives.
The twist in this recipe is the way you can enjoy it – by diving right in with Bread Soldiers – making it not only delicious but fun for the whole family! These finger-sized bread sticks are made with our traditional, rustic Turkish Bread, toasted and cut into strips, offering a golden exterior and a light, airy texture.
Cozy, comforting and easy to pull together, this recipe works as a main or side and always entertains a crowd.
Get things started by visiting your local COBS Bread bakery today. And for more fresh and inspiring recipes check out our Meal Ideas.
- ½ COBS Turkish Bread, sliced into strips and toasted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg (227g) cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or pressed
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 pkg (283g) plain or garlic hummus
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Extra olive oil (to garnish)
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until softened and almost no liquid remains, about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Add hummus to serving bowl. Top with mushroom mixture, chives and lemon zest. Drizzle with olive oil to garnish. Serve with COBS Turkish Bread.