This herbed goat-cheese mixture spread on Sunflower Flax Sourdough and topped with fresh or dried figs might just become your new lunchtime (and dinnertime – or anytime!) favourite.
- 1 slice COBS Sunflower Flax Sourdough Loaf, toasted
- 3 tbsp soft goat cheese
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 fresh fig, cut into eight wedges (or 2 dried figs, chopped)
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tsp liquid honey
In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, milk, chives, salt and pepper. Spread mixture over one side of bread.
Top with figs, walnuts and honey. Garnish with extra chives and coarsely chopped black pepper, if desired.