- 1 COBS Bread Sourdough Cob
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 mild chorizo sausages, sliced
- 1 ¾ cup (400ml) tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon harissa (optional)
- ½ cup pimento strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup pitted green spanish olives (rough chop in large segments)
- 1 teaspoon chopped Italian parsley to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C (450°C)
Heat oil in a medium frying pan, add sliced chorizo and cook for a few minutes. Add tomato purée, sugar, harissa and pimento strips. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and allow sauce to gently simmer for about 10 minutes.
Divide sauce equally among four shallow ramekins. Make a small well in the sauce in each ramekin and crack an egg into each. Sprinkle with olives and cover with foil.
Place in oven and allow eggs to cook for 5 minutes or until egg whites are firm, but the yolks are still runny. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with thick slice of COBS Bread Sourdough Cob.