Loaded with flavour, vegetables, and toppings, our Beyond Sausage® Garden Hot Dog on the Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Bun might just be the best vegetarian hot dog! It’s also a great way to use up any veggies you might have lying around at the end of the week or a yummy way to sneak them in for your kids.
- 2 x COBS Bread Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Buns
- 3 tbsp Avocado Mayonnaise
- 2 x Beyond Sausage®
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 150g Shiitake Mushrooms
- 100g Leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Peashoots, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Chives, finely minced
- 2 tbsp Goats Cheese, or plant-based alternative
- Pinch of Salt & Pepepr
- In a frying pan add 2 tbsp of olive oil, turn element on high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add your Beyond Sausages®, cook for 6-8 minutes, rotating every 1 minute. Take out of the pan and set aside.
- Let the pan heat up again then add shiitake mushrooms, sauté for 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add leeks, sauté for 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add 2 tbsp of sesame oil and pinch of salt and pepper. Take off pan and set aside.
Assembling the Hot Dogs
- Toast or grill the Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Buns to your liking.
- Spread 3 tbsp of avocado mayo evenly on both the insides of the hot dog buns (top and bottom)
- Add 1 Beyond Sausage® or plant-based sausage on each hot dog bun.
- Add sautéed shiitake mushroom/leek mixture on top of the sausages.
- Top with 1 tbsp of chopped peashoots.
- Sprinkle ½ tbsp of finely minced chives on the chopped peashoots.
- Crumble 1 tbsp of goat cheese to each assembled hot dog.