Our Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Buns aren’t just for hot dogs. They also make the perfect base for our gourmet bruschetta crostinis recipe. Top it with all your favorite ingredients like tomato, onion and parsley and prepare for this recipe to be the life of the party. Plus, they’re so easy & quick to make and add a burst of flavour & freshness. Nothing can beat this summer appy!
Learn how to make the bruschetta recipe below.
Gourmet Bruschetta Recipe FAQ
What is bruschetta topping made of?
Bruschetta topping is commonly made of diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil and salt and pepper. However, recipes can have variations to include other ingredients like cheese and balsamic vinegar.
How long does bruschetta stay fresh?
The freshness of bruschetta can vary depending on several factors, such as the ingredients used and how it is stored. Typically, homemade bruschetta can stay fresh for 1 to 2 days when stored properly in an airtight container in the refrigerator. However, for the best taste and texture, it is recommended to consume bruschetta within 24 hours of preparation.
Which bread to use for bruschetta?
Traditional bruschetta is typically made with rustic Italian bread, such as a baguette. These bread varieties have a firm crust and a soft, airy interior, which makes them perfect for toasting and holding the toppings of bruschetta. The crust provides a satisfying crunch, while the soft interior absorbs the flavors of the toppings.
Pico De Gallo
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1/2 White Onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 sprigs Cilantro or Parsley, finely minced
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 2 x COBS Bread Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Buns
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 16 tbsp Pico de Gallo
- Cilantro or Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F, or turn your BBQ on to medium heat.
- Cut your Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Buns horizontally, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt & pepper.
- If using the oven, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- If using the BBQ, place cut side down for 1-2 minutes.
- While the buns are toasting, prepare the pico de gallo in a medium-sized bowl. Mix all your ingredients & set aside.
- Once the gourmet bun pieces reach room temperature, add 2 heaping spoonfuls of pico de gallo on each half.
- Garnish with additional cilantro or parsley and serve.