Indulge in the yummiest breakfast experience with our Apricot French Toast recipe. Whether you’re whipping up a special breakfast for loved ones, or looking for the best French toast to spoil yourself with, get ready to savour every bite. Our fluffy Apricot Delight Log is soaked in a delicious French Toast batter with cinnamon, vanilla and sugar. From whipped cream to maple syrup and fresh fruit, there’s no shortage of options! Read the full method and ingredients below.
Apricot Delight French Toast Recipe FAQ
How long do you soak French toast?
You’ll want to soak your French Toast for at least 20 seconds on each side, making sure that the bread has plenty of time to absorb the egg mixture, without going soggy. After soaking, make sure you let any excess batter drip from the slice before you put it into the pan.
Do you toast the toast before making French toast?
Instead of toasting the bread, you can use fresh slices of bread and dip them in a mixture of eggs and milk before cooking them in a pan until they become golden and slightly crispy. French toast is a delicious breakfast treat!
Can you keep French toast batter overnight?
Yes, it’s actually a great way to save time and allow the flavours to meld together. Just make sure to cover the batter tightly with plastic wrap or use an airtight container to prevent it from absorbing any unwanted odors from the fridge. When you’re ready to cook the French toast, give the batter a quick stir before dipping in your slices of bread.
- 12 slices COBS Bread Apricot Delight Log, thick sliced
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Milk
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Butter, for cooking
- Whipped Cream
- Maple Syrup
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Soak 2 slices of the Apricot Delight Log at a time, letting it soak for 20 seconds each side.
- Let the slices drip off any excess mixture, before cooking, by laying them on top of a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, add butter to a pre-heated frying pan over medium heat. Once melted add 2 – 4 slices of bread to the pan (depending on how many fit comfortably).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden. Repeat with the other slices.
- Serve with your choice of toppings. We love adding whipped cream and maple syrup.