It’s time to turn your breakfast into a festive delight! Filled with spices and real egg nog, this French toast recipe is a family favourite at this time of year.
Order your Higher Fibre Loaf on Click & Collect to get startedOrder Now
- 6 slices COBS Bread Higher Fibre Loaf, thick sliced
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Egg Nog
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Butter, for cooking
- Whipped Cream
- Maple Syrup
- Fresh Berries
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, egg nog, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Soak 1 slice of bread at a time, letting it soak for 20 seconds each side.
- Let the slices drip off any excess mixture, before cooking, by laying them on top of a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, add butter to a pre-heated frying pan over medium heat. Once melted add 1-2 slices of bread to the pan (depending on how many fit comfortably).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden. Repeat with the other slices and serve with your choice of toppings. We love some whipped cream, maple syrup, and fresh berries. A cranberry compote would also be delicious here.