In this recipe: Brioche Hot Dog Buns
Fresh inspiration leads to fresh meal ideas. This Hoisin-Glazed Pork Banh Mi balances a little sweetness with the light freshness of the cilantro. And these quick-pickled vegetables give you that traditional Banh Mi zip without the wait!
Learn how to make this recipe, and wow your taste buds with this Hoisin-Glazed Banh Mi recipe.
- 6 COBS Brioche Hot Dog Buns, toasted
- 450g lean ground pork
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Pinch turmeric
- 1 batch quick-pickled vegetables (see recipe below)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro to garnish
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup cucumber slices, halved
- 1 carrot, julienned
- In large bowl, combine pork, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roll into 18 meatballs (about 2 scant tbsp per meatball). Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in 400°F oven until meatballs are no longer pink inside, about 18 minutes.
- Brush tops of meatballs with hoisin sauce.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice and turmeric. Spread mixture inside each hot dog bun. Top each with 3 meatballs, pickled vegetables and cilantro.
- In bowl, whisk together sugar, boiling water, vinegar and salt until sugar has dissolved.
- Add in cucumber and carrot.
- Let stand for at least 15 minutes.