Peameal Bacon, Egg and Guacamole Breakfast Sandwich
Looking for a breakfast of champions? This Peameal Bacon, Egg and Guacamole Breakfast Sandwich with its delicious layers is the answer! Sandwiched in between a freshly baked Gourmet Hamburger Bun, it will remind you why this ultra-Canadiana meal is the tastiest way to wake up.
Chef Tip: Be sure to cover the extra guacamole in seran wrap to avoid browning.
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 tsp Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt, to taste
- ½ tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 COBS Bread Gourmet Hamburger Buns
- 2 tsp Unsalted Butter, for toasting bun
- 2x ¼” thick Slice of Peameal Bacon
- 2 Eggs
For the Guacamole:
- In a mixing bowl, add peeled and deseeded avocado and mash with a fork.
- Mince garlic and add to avocado with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and rest in the fridge until required.
For the sandwich:
- In a frying pan on medium heat, sear the peameal bacon until golden brown on both sides.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 145°F and remove to a resting plate.
- In the same pan, add eggs and season with salt and pepper. Cook over easy, remove and place on a dish.
- Lightly butter buns and toast until golden brown.
- Assemble sandwich by placing the bacon on the bottom bun, top with the egg, and guacamole.
- Serve and enjoy.