Shrimp and Chorizo on Focaccia
Kick dinner up a notch with this Shrimp and Chorizo recipe courtesy of kitchen whiz Amelia, from Amelia Does Dinner. Serve with Focaccia to wipe up every last drop of the mouth-watering sauce.
- 1 COBS Bread Focaccia for serving
- 340g shrimp (approx 38-40)(deveined, shell removed)
- 1 large ripe chopped tomato (skin and seeds removed)
- 1 cup chopped Cured Chorizo (mild)
- 2 small shallots cut thinly
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime zest (or a combo. of both)
1. Add the oil to a pot then bring the heat to med.
2. Add shallots and cook for 1 min.
3. Add the bay leaves.
4. Increase the heat to Med-High then add the chopped tomatoes. Cook for a few mins. or until the tomatoes begin to break down.
5. Stir in the chorizo.
6. Add the wine, bring to a bubble, then reduce to a simmer and cook for approx 10 mins. or until 3/4 of the liquid has reduced.
7. Add the shrimp and the peas.
8. Cook until the shrimp turn pink and the majority of liquid has reduced.
9. Add Salt and Black Pepper to taste.
10. Serve warm, on top of Focaccia squares.
11. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon/lime zest and Enjoy.
Serving Tip : Cut the Focaccia into squares, then spoon the shrimp and chorizo mixture generously on top. Spoon some of the liquid on there as well. The Focaccia acts like a sponge, and absorbs all the flavour.
I used a mild Spanish Chorizo. I like the paprika flavour it adds to dishes. If you can’t find chorizo, use a mild cured sausage.
Check out more recipes from Amelia Does Dinner on Facebook or Instagram.