Marinated Tofu Toast
This vegan toast is jam packed with all of the healthy fats, nutrients, and delicious flavours to make it truly irresistible. All of that is piled onto our Family Fave Cape Seed Loaf for a truly delicious toast topper.
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 4 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 4 slices COBS Bread Cape Seed Loaf (regular slices)
- 1 block firm tofu, sliced to about ½ inch thick
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Mixed Greens
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- 4 tbsp Tahini
- 4 tbsp Tortialla Chips
- In a shallow container, add marinade ingredients. Stir until combined and place the tofu slices in the container, letting them soak for 30 minutes.
- In a non-stick fying pan add oil and turn on element to medium-high heat.
- Toast Cape Seed loaf slices while waiting for the oil to heat up.
- Take the tofu out of the container and add to the frying pan once the oil is hot (keep the marinade for later).
- Cook tofu on this side until golden in colour, 4-5 minutes. Using a fork or a tong, flip the tofu slices and cook on the other side until golden colour, about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the tofu slices are cooked, add remaining marinade, lower down heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring the tofu slices occasionally. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Top each toast with 1 tbsp tahini, spread evenly.
- Add a handful of wild greens to each toast.
- Add alfalfa sprouts on top of the greens.
- Using a spoon transfer the cooked tofu slices on top of the wild greens, making sure to have 2-3 slices of tofu on each toast. Spoon & drizzle sauce over the tofu slices.
- Add 1 tbsp of crumbled tortilla chips on top of the sprouts, enjoy.