When it comes to gourmet hot dog recipes, you can’t miss our delicious summer favourite! Beer-braised sausage, loaded with juicy flavor, perfectly pairs with a delicious gourmet hot dog toppings. Add veggies like grilled bell peppers and onion and top it off with your favourite mustard. Finish it with the richest, most full-flavoured Gourmet Hot Dog Bun you’ve sunk your teeth in and you get a simple crowd pleaser for all your backyard BBQ’s. Want to learn more? Check out the video below for your step by step guide to creating this summer classic.
Gourmet Hot Dog Recipe FAQ
What is a gourmet hot dog?
A gourmet hot dog puts a spin on a classic, and is often topped with a combination of tasty toppings and condiments. Some recipes are more unique – like our loaded Hawaiian hot dog – while others stick to a simple hot dog, using premium ingredients and sauces.
What to serve with gourmet hot dogs?
When serving gourmet hot dogs, popular accompaniments include classic side dishes, grilled vegetables, baked beans, pickles and relishes, and a variety of toppings like cheese, onions, jalapenos and tomatoes.
How to make great gourmet hot dogs?
To make great gourmet hot dogs, start with quality ingredients and cook them on the grill or in a skillet for a smoky flavor. Toast the buns for a crispy texture. Get creative with unique toppings and sauces, and present them in an appealing way.
- 4 COBS Gourmet Hot Dog Buns, toasted
- 1 medium onion, sliced in ½ cm rings
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded
- ½ a green bell pepper, seeded
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 4 long Bratwurst sausages
- 2 cans beer, pale ale preferred
- 4 tbsp mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Season peppers and onion with salt and pepper, and brush lightly with olive oil
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place vegetables on grill and baste with the red wine vinegar every two minutes for approximately 8 minutes, once edges blacken.
- Remove from grill and let cool. Slice peppers to match onion width.
- Place sausages and grilled vegetables in tin foil. Make tin foil in to a pouch, and pour 1 can of beer in to it and secure it without any gaps.
- Grill for 15-20 minutes until sausages are cooked through.
- Once sausages are fully cooked, remove them from tin foil and place directly on grill until casing crisps up slightly.
- Place sausages, veggies and mustard on toasted Gourmet Hot Dog Bun. Enjoy!