Looking for a fresh new way to start your day? We have recently been loving this fun, vegan take on scrambled eggs by using tofu! Seasoned to perfection, this is such a delicious breakfast, that is then topped on our Sunflower Flax Sourdough Loaf.
- 2 slices COBS Bread Sunflower Flax Sourdough
- 2 tbsb Vegan Butter, or Margarine
- 1 pack Firm Tofu
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Soy Milk
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp Chives, finely minced
- Place the tofu in a bowl and, using a fork, break the tofu up.
- Add vegan margarine or butter into a medium, non-stick, frying pan and heat over medium-high.
- In a small bowl mix soy milk, nutritional yeast, turmeric, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Toast the sourdough slices.
- When the pan is hot, add tofu and cook for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add the soy milk mixture and lower heat to medium. Simmer and stir the tofu until most of the liquid is absorbed by the tofu.
- Take off the heat and garnish with minced chives. Serve with or on your toast and enjoy!