Are you craving the best homemade hamburger recipe? Look no further than the Rusty Burger made with our Gourmet Hamburger Bun and all the best fixings. The perfect recipe for BBQ summers or game-days, the Rusty Burger will become a crowd favourite all season long. To make this recipe, Rusty is spilling all the secrets. Check out the recipe below and grill like a BBQ pro! If you’re a fan of the gourmet touch, don’t forget to try Gourmet Hot Dog Buns for your next craving.
The Rusty Burger Recipe FAQ
What can I add to my burger for flavour?
There are plenty of things you can add to your burger for flavour – from herbs like parsley or basil to spices like chilli flakes or garlic powder. If you want a more intense flavour, try sauces like sriracha or a sweet relish on top. Experiment with different combinations to find flavours to customize your recipe into your dream burger.
How do you make the best hamburger?
To make the best hamburger – Start with COBS Gourmet Hamburger Bun as the foundation, add Rusty’s secret blend of seasonings to a high-quality meat patty, grill it to juicy perfection, and assemble with your favorite toppings like melted cheese, tomatoes, and tangy sauces. The result? The ultimate burger experience that will leave you craving more.
How do I cook a hamburger so it’s tender?
To ensure your hamburger is tender, select high-quality meat with a slightly higher fat content for juiciness. Cook on a hot grill or skillet to medium doneness, allowing the burger to retain its moisture and tenderness. Add Rusty’s secret blend of flavors, don’t forget the Mayo. Prepare for a melt-in-your-mouth experience with The Rusty Burger!
Order your Gourmet Hamburger Bun on Click & Collect to get startedOrder Now
- 4 COBS Gourmet Hamburger Buns
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp course ground pepper
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
Sweet Garlic Mayonnaise
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder and sugar in a bowl for your seasoning.
- Assemble the patties by mixing ground beef, mayo, panko breadcrumbs, and melted butter together. Form 4 patties by measuring them to be slightly larger than the width of the bun. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. BBQ Tip: Do not squish the meat together with pressure.
- Add seasoning on top of the patties 15 minutes before they go on the grill. The seasoning only goes on the outside of the patties, and you can season to taste. No need to use it all.
- Make sweet garlic mayonnaise by mixing all ingredients together. Refrigerate until ready to assemble burgers.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Softly place the burgers on the grill and cook on both sides for 5 minutes each, or until they reach 160F. BBQ Tip: Resist the urge to press down on the burgers once they hit the grill; this will make them harder to flip, and loose its juiciness.
- Once the burgers are almost done, place both types of cheese on top, crossed length-wise. When cheese is melted, let the patties rest for 5-10 minutes without heat.
Panko breadcrumbs are typically made from white bread, crusts removed. For about 1 cup of breadcrumbs, take 2-4 slices of a dry bread and toast it to ensure it is dry. Remove crusts and tear into smaller pieces and place in a food processor. Pulse until fine and flaky. Breadcrumbs will freeze well so make a larger batch and freeze to add to other meals!